Nouveau sujet Répondre Imprimer Syndication RSS 2.0

Regarding the organization of flags on wwF*Fun

Coule à pic
Coule à pic
  • Inscrit : 16 Janvier 2013
  Lien vers ce message 16 Janvier 2013, 15:45
Hello,

As me talking French would result in horrific scenes of apocalyptic levels, I'll just keep if to English - if you don't mind. If you do, I'll just consult Google translate or something.

At any rate, I'm Forty-Two. I am currently level 3 admin on wwF*Fun. I'm not as serious an admin there as I am on other servers, as there's a big culture of self-regulation and a lack of cooperation between the admins there. However, I do try to 'keep the peace' as best I can when I'm present. However, this is hampered by a rather odd structure of flags. For example, if a couple of people hijack the server for private use, they tend to votekick any other connecting player. Level 2 and 3 have no immunity against that. I can see why you'd choose for that with level 2 on this server, but surely you want the people who have the !kick command at their disposal to be immune to it? If not, there's not much I can do about it, as I'll just get votekicked.
Another common frustrating point for me is that I don't have !namelog, which is a basic tool for any admin. There's no admin !listplayers either, although this can be bypassed with some creative usage of !listadmins. And finally, admin chat is not available for level 3 admins.

I'd like to ask you to fix these flags, or if you don't think there's a problem with them to give your reasoning for it. I could ask for a higher level too if you don't feel like fixing the flags, but the problem would still persist for other level 3's.

If you could consider this that'd be great; I'm not going for an approach as 'professional' as on other servers, but I would very much like flags that, in my opinion, should be available to any admin, to be available to all your admins on the server.

Regards,
Forty-Two
Maître de l'étang
Maître de l'étang
  • Inscrit : 14 Janvier 2007
  Lien vers ce message 16 Janvier 2013, 21:58
Hello :)

Thanks for posting.

I will be honest with you : for many members of this team Tremulous is dead. We don't play anymore...
But i still playing a little bit, and i still hosting the {wwF*Fun} Tremulous server.

I gave you Admin level 4 right now in console. B-)
You will have now a lot of tools to help you.

Hope you will continue to keep peace on this old server. :good:

You can posting on this thread if you have any questions.

:flowers:

http://b1.lilypie.com/8mcVp1/.png
Coule à pic
Coule à pic
  • Inscrit : 16 Janvier 2013
Message édité 3 fois, dernière édition par Forty-Two, 17 Janvier 2013, 16:24     Lien vers ce message 17 Janvier 2013, 13:44
Hello,

Thank you for your swift reply; I know the wwF clan isn't currently active for Tremulous, so it's pretty cool you still check these forums :)

Also, thank you for the level: I guess that'll work for me. I hope no level 3's will run into the same problems I ran into :P

Forty-Two

Edit: Level 4 also doesn't have votekick immunity, though it could potentially be bypassed with !cancelvote (sloppy, but it'd work). Also, no adjustban, admin chat or admin listplayers. I can personally deal with that, but should you want to make some improvements to flag distribution, you may want to know that ;)
Maître de l'étang
Maître de l'étang
  • Inscrit : 14 Janvier 2007
  Lien vers ce message 18 Janvier 2013, 7:10
I dont have the time to manage flags. Sorry ;)

http://b1.lilypie.com/8mcVp1/.png
Répondre